12/19/08

Exotic my Schmotic!!! Get that beast out of my face!!

Dont get me wrong. I for one loved the fact that blizzard gave hunter's the oportunity to tame "exotic" creatures and beasts throughout the Beastmaster talent point. Seemed highly logical hence they're speciality. And watching a hunter with gigantic raptor or corehound beside him is nothing short then impressive. All is good, life is great and everyone was happy.

The first day i went to a instance with a BM hunter with the new talent tree and pet i couldnt have stressed more. In real life i spent the entire time in Berserk mode because of that pet!!! The very first victim of my rage was the so popular Core Hound.

OMG! Everytime he moved i felt like i had a Fel Reaver stalking me! It's steps sure sounded like one and the worst of it all, the screen couldnt stop shaking and trembling for every step he took. Engaging a multiple mob group meant everytime one was killed the hound would step back towards his master and back in to another mob atack. The results : Bum bum bum ...catchabum doublebum roar roar roard bum bum triplebum, making my ears bleed with that outrageous sound and my eyes cry from all that shaking.
Ohh...and by the way, if you are a really good hunter and the pet matters and it's really but really important for you to have a bloody Core Hound, be brave and get it like a man/woman: Get you ass in Molten Core and tame a Ancient Core Hound.

"Dude...you are always welcome to join me in a party or raid but leave that stinking beast at home!!!" Zee big bad orc has spoken.

But the worse was yet to come...

On another run the even more popular gigantic sized raptor from Un'Goro Crater: The Devilsaur. Although not so much noisy and without the shaking screen, the bloody lizzard filled my screen in combat. And im not even going to coment the proposterous size when it enrages. As a tank forget the mouse for a click distribution in a multi-mob combat. You can only click on one single thing....THAT STINKING BEAST. TAB key FTW.

But the one that really drove me off a cliff was the Sapphire Hive Queen. Besides it's oversize the fact that is a flying pet just made it worse. Always floating over my head and making that BzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz anoying sound. I had to ask the hunter to keep himself very much away from me when i was preparing the marks on the mobs. The only thing i had on my screen was that ugly ass wasp overing my head, blocking all my sight.

Im sure it wont take long for a hunter to be able to tame this little boy if this keep going...

Like i said in the very beginning...dont get me wrong, im happy for you guys. Really. But, to tank anything with those creatures running around, makes our job even more difficult!! Just go out and hunt for the Loque'nahak!! Now ...that's a PET!

1 comment: